As instructors teaching creative courses, Dr. Michael Jones and Dr. Julie Chamberlin have always believed that students produce their best work when they learn from their environment. With peer assessment their students got a tangible opportunity give critical feedback that their classmates could apply to their work. By assigning a percentage of the students' grade to the quality of evaluation they gave to their peers, their students learnt the art of giving meaningful feedback.
We were joined by Dr. Michael Jones from Sheridan College and Dr. Julie Chamberlin from Loyola College of Chicago for an engaging conversation about how they use peer assessment methods in their courses that enables collaboration among students and improves engagement levels.
- Learnings and strong practices when implementing peer learning
- Preparing students for peer evaluations
- Activity examples in communication and english related courses
- How to improve collaboration, reflection, and work quality
- Peer Learning: Impact on student engagement, understanding of course concepts, social interactions, and accountability
- A short walkthrough of Kritik’s peer assessment platform and key features
- 15 minutes of Q&A
Webinar Recording & Slide Deck
Please share a few details to get the webinar assets.