Building great quality rubrics can help set the right foundation for students to submit well thought-out creations and also to peer evaluate each others' work. Setting clear expectations for students to follow allows them to focus on applying course concepts versus them trying to interpret generic instructions.
During this workshop Prof. Jaynne Rivas from Indiana University, and Prof. Jennifer Bean from the University of Missouri shared how they design rubrics that can help students when they are doing peer evaluations. Along with this, the attendees got to work together as a group to practice preparing rubrics for their courses that enable students to give objective and meaningful feedback.
- Learnings and strong practices when creating rubrics
- Preparing students for peer evaluations with clear rubrics
- Creating rubrics with the participants
- Peer assessment activity examples in Economics courses and Nutrition/Exercise courses
- A short walkthrough of Kritik's peer assessment platform and key features
- 10 minutes of Q&A
Webinar Recording & Slide Deck
Please share a few details to get the webinar assets.