Student engagement levels can vary between courses and activities. While there is no ‘one size fits all’ approach, Prof. Kevin McGinniss who teaches Kinesiology and Sport Management at Southern Connecticut State University found peer assessment to be a great motivator in his classroom.
Check out some of our session highlights in the short video below, and see how you can adapt activities and key takeaways to your own courses to provide a more enriching learning experience for your students with peer assessment.
Having spent three decades as a coach and teacher, Prof. McGinniss has been using peer assessment in his courses to improve student understanding by enhancing their critical thinking abilities, and guiding them to interact with their peers and course content in meaningful ways.
Prof. McGinniss' experiences with peer assessment in his courses can be well applied to any classroom, especially health & fitness, psychology, nutrition, and event management.
What to expect:
- Learnings and strong practices when implementing peer assessment
- Preparing students for peer evaluations
- Peer assessment activity examples in health- and sport-related courses
- Live discussion focusing on improving collaboration, reflection, and work quality
- Impact on student engagement, understanding of course concepts, social interactions, and accountability
- A short walkthrough of Kritik's peer assessment platform and key features
- 15 minutes of Q&A
Webinar Recording & Slide Deck
Please share a few details to get the webinar assets.