Student engagement levels can vary between courses and activities. While there is no ‘one size fits all’ approach, Prof. Kelly Morse who teaches English at Old Dominion University, found peer assessment to be a great motivator in her classroom.
Check out some of our session highlights in the short video below, and see how you can adapt activities and key takeaways to your own courses to provide a more enriching learning experience for your students with peer assessment.
"Since I started having my students upload drafts and do peer review in Kritik, their writings have consistently been of a higher quality than what I was receiving when they handed drafts into me alone." - Prof. Kelly Morse
Prof. Morse's experiences with peer assessment in her courses can be well applied to any classroom, especially ones with a focus on communication, writing, language, and other social courses.
What to expect:
- Learnings and strong practices when implementing peer assessment
- Preparing students for peer evaluations
- Peer assessment activity examples in language courses
- Live discussion focusing on improving collaboration, reflection, and work quality
- Impact on student engagement, understanding of course concepts, social interactions, and accountability
- A short walkthrough of Kritik's peer assessment platform and key features
- 15 minutes of Q&A
Webinar Recording & Slide Deck
Please share a few details to get the webinar assets.
Get our free eBook
Please share a few details to get our free eBook.